Jumaat, 22 Jun 2012

of my kiddies.

Its been a little over one month since the students started their semester break.

Although I am enjoying the relaxed and free time I have right now, sometimes I do miss those little brats (little lah sangat kan!)

Yesterday I received a text message:

"Salam miss, how are you? Really missed our bio class.. (ok sambung dengan soalan bio)"

Oh adik-adik, I missed you guys too!! Tapi honestly malas nak start teaching lagi. Rindu saja. Kuangkuang.

I missed their laughters and crazy jokes in class. When I teach, I tried to be in their shoes. Who would want a boring and lengthy (Biology some more!) lecture at 2.00 in the afternoon? Hence, I would be a little lenient with them. Sometimes, I dismissed them early hehe.

You know all the bio facts won't be able to get into their heads in the afternoon. They've had classes straight from 8.00am. Hence, I usually tell more stories (sometimes related to bio, sometimes not).

I tell stories about being abroad (They loved it since they are going abroad as well) - Highly requested by them.

How to survive there.

What's the environment like.

I told them that, if you feel like doing A-level is difficult (they whine about the tight schedule, heaps of assignments etc).. think again. Betul-betul nak jadi doktor ke? I also tell stories about my friends who are doing medicine and currently in the HO years. Its hell. I told them all that.

Not to scare them, but to make them realize that life is not going to get any easier. Especially when you are doing medicine. Once you are in your HO, A-level ni korang rasa boleh buat tutup sebelah mata je dik oi!

I treat them as my little doctors.

But I treat them as humans as well.

Sometimes they are tired, 3 topic tests in a week. So I gave them an extension for the submission of lab reports. Nak hantar awal-awal pun buat apa kan? Macam la aku mark awal. Ahaks.

Its fun and warming to see their attentive faces during my lectures.

Their scynchronized laughters once I crack a joke (well a lot of jokes).

Their disgusted faces once I showed them photos of blocked arteries full of fatty deposits, or a yucky bacteria.


OK. Ni cikgu yang gelak over. (I may be included, heh)

Well you see..

Teaching bio is my core business.
But teaching them how to get through life is my goal.

The biology facts are surely going to help them get through A-levels (and Med school).
However, (from experience haha) those facts will be gone not long after they finished exams.


But the advice and experiences I told them will help them get through their lives *hopefully*

Cheers!


Some of them.



Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan